YT Capra 2018-2019

Was meint ihr, wird der Rahmen/Geo des Capras überarbeitet?

• Umfrageteilnehmer
  • Umfrage geschlossen .
Hallo, hab eine Frage. Ich würde gern den RockShox Dämpfer gegen ein FOX dpx2 tauschen, kennt jemand zufälligerweise die Maßen der Dämpferbuchsen die ich brauche, oder besser ausbauen und messen ? Danke :)

Hallo, hab eine Frage. Ich würde gern den RockShox Dämpfer gegen ein FOX dpx2 tauschen, kennt jemand zufälligerweise die Maßen der Dämpferbuchsen die ich brauche, oder besser ausbauen und messen ? Danke :)
Auf der YT Homepage das PDF laden!
Da steht alles drin.
Ansonsten....einfach die vom Rockshox nehmen.
Ich glaube, dass das hier bereits mal jemand so gemacht hat.

Einfach bei manuals schauen.
https://www.yt-industries.com/shopware.php?sViewport=campaign&emotionId=257
Exploded view deines bikes ziehen und dann bei shock hardware.
Ansich einfach zu finden
YT Downloads

Einfach durchklicken ;)

Edit: ach da war doch schon wer nett :)

Ah super Danke euch beiden, hab ich vorhin gesehen, nur hab ich sie mit diesen verglichen ...

C6598E60-5AEE-48C5-87EA-61A04DE71E30.jpeg1069FD19-9B9A-45C9-BC4C-8405B4429CF5.jpeg

Sorry for the English... Posted about 7 months ago about my very misaligned new Capra rear end (https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/yt-capra-2018.853652/page-150#post-15691071). I then moved to the USA for 6 months, leaving the bike at YT to fix. This took a very very long time (6 months), but thankfully that wasn't a big problem since I wasn't home to ride the bike anyway. Eventually they did send the bike back with a new swingarm, and now that I'm home again, I finally got to build it up.

In short, misaligment is still there though much less so, but now the rear end spacing is way off! It's about 5 mm or so too wide. When I insert the wheel, it just falls through, past the stops of the frame. When I insert and start closing the axle, it has a tight spot at the top, and I can see the space between frame and wheel get bigger and smaller with every turn. When I tighten the axle all the way, I can actually see the swingarm deform slightly. What the hell YT? Anyone ever seen something like this? Am I twice unlucky, or is it just shitty quality control here by YT? I feel like sending the bike back to get a refund and just get something else.

Anhänge

• IMG_20190813_113627.jpg
    IMG_20190813_113627.jpg
    465,5 KB · Aufrufe: 122
Sorry for the English... Posted about 7 months ago about my very misaligned new Capra rear end (https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/yt-capra-2018.853652/page-150#post-15691071). I then moved to the USA for 6 months, leaving the bike at YT to fix. This took a very very long time (6 months), but thankfully that wasn't a big problem since I wasn't home to ride the bike anyway. Eventually they did send the bike back with a new swingarm, and now that I'm home again, I finally got to build it up.

In short, misaligment is still there though much less so, but now the rear end spacing is way off! It's about 5 mm or so too wide. When I insert the wheel, it just falls through, past the stops of the frame. When I insert and start closing the axle, it has a tight spot at the top, and I can see the space between frame and wheel get bigger and smaller with every turn. When I tighten the axle all the way, I can actually see the swingarm deform slightly. What the hell YT? Anyone ever seen something like this? Am I twice unlucky, or is it just shitty quality control here by YT? I feel like sending the bike back to get a refund and just get something else.

hm i guess you are a litte to picky.
I would say these tolerances are quite good for a cheap produced asian frame.

I remember times on my bmx with 15 mm gaps between dropout and hub.
Just tighten it and ride the bike.

Sometimes you have to strech the dropouts to get your wheel in ...

Yes, maybe I'm used to higher quality frames, and if this was a steel frame I wouldn't bother. Cheaply made they are indeed, though the frame quality of the Tues I had was a lot better, and I don't know about that aluminium stressing out when the axle's closed. Maybe also because the replacement took them half a year with a lot of pushing from my side that I'm just really tired of YT. I'll see what they say, then probably just ride it a bit this season and sell it off.

Yes, maybe I'm used to higher quality frames, and if this was a steel frame I wouldn't bother. Cheaply made they are indeed, though the frame quality of the Tues I had was a lot better, and I don't know about that aluminium stressing out when the axle's closed. Maybe also because the replacement took them half a year with a lot of pushing from my side that I'm just really tired of YT. I'll see what they say, then probably just ride it a bit this season and sell it off.
You should ask YT if there is a particular order in which you have to install/tighten the screws on the rear end, while assembling. My Specialized Demo e.g. had it.

You should ask YT if there is a particular order in which you have to install/tighten the screws on the rear end, while assembling. My Specialized Demo e.g. had it.
They sent me back an assembled frame, I assume they know what they're doing over there, though I'm starting to doubt that with this kind of 'quality' :p Still, for 3000 euro's I feel I have the right to be a bit picky.

Well, with aluminum one would just push a little harder and bend it into position :D ...bit difficult with carbon though.
Misaligned frames are the norm, US frames were notorius in the late 90s. It is ok to be picky about it, but where will it get you?
YT will have an answer to that ;).

Hallo, mal ne Frage.
Hat von euch schon mal jemand einen Fox DPX2 Factory in ein 29er Capra 2019 gebaut ? Irgendwie brauche ich 250 PSI um auf einen SAG von 25% zu kommen mit 70kg Körpergewicht ?! Ist doch nicht normal oder ?

Danke im Voraus

Wirst hier wohl niemanden finden, der den Dämpfer in einem langhubigen Enduro fährt. Der ist ja eher in Allmountains zu finden. Im Jeffsy kommt der z.b. ganz gut. Daher wohl die Frage von @4Stroke warum nicht der X2.

Hat er nicht die gleich Bauform wie der originale Super Deluxe RC3 ? Daher dachte ich ich probiere ihn mal aus
Die Bauform hat doch nichts damit zu tun.
Er wird sogar von Fox als Trail/Allmountain Dämpfer klassifiziert.
Ich würde nicht auf die Idee kommen, den im Capra zu verbauen.
Wieviel Druck darf der denn max. haben?
Willst du 30% SAG fahren?
War der offen oder evtl. auf Pedal als du gemessen hast. Kann man ja mal vergessen zu checken.

Die Bauform hat doch nichts damit zu tun.
Er wird sogar von Fox als Trail/Allmountain Dämpfer klassifiziert.
Ich würde nicht auf die Idee kommen, den im Capra zu verbauen.
Wieviel Druck darf der denn max. haben?
Willst du 30% SAG fahren?
War der offen oder evtl. auf Pedal als du gemessen hast. Kann man ja mal vergessen zu checken.
Maximaler Druck darf er 350 PSI haben.
Er war offen beim SAG einstellen

Dann teste mal 300psi und schau, wie er sich verhält auf dem Trail. Ob er guten Gegendruck aufbaut ohne am Ende total progressiv zu werden.
Ist ein Volumespacer drin?
Aktuell bin ich bei ca. 210 PSI und 25% SAG
Aber irgendwie kommt meine Pumpe nicht richtig ran um Luft reinzulassen in den Dämpfer, muss die Pumpe andrehen bis ich bald das Ventil abdrehe :spinner: Aktuell ist ein 0,6er verbaut an Spacer.
Meinst du ein X2 wäre die (viel) bessere Wahl gewesen ?

Zurück
Oben Unten